|When:||Thursday 8th July 2021, 11am- 12pm|
There are many perceived issues organisations face when wanting to retire their legacy infrastructure and move to a new Cloud platform:
- Potential loss of data (such as information not properly stored in the corporate repository, linked spreadsheets, data corruption or orphaned documents)
- Infrastructure and platform/bandwidth capacity issues
- Business as usual being affected
- Budget constraints
Often the easy choice is to retain the legacy platforms rather than retire them. Especially if they’re “fine for what we need right now.”
But there are many reasons why this approach can be detrimental to your organisation. The systems are usually out of date, they may no longer have support and/or maintenance, their costs are eye-watering or they’re hindering real innovation.
In our virtual roundtable “Retire or Retain: Unpicking the blockers of coming off legacy systems” on Thursday 8th July at 10.00am we’ll be demystifying some of the perceived challenges of decommissioning legacy platforms.
In this one-hour interactive session, our team of experts will be on hand to answer all your queries about retiring your legacy systems, including:
- which risks are acceptable
- data loss concerns
- and the resources that need to be invested as part of the transformation program.
What aspects do you think will be most challenging when retiring your legacy infrastructure?
Sign up for our free event now using the form below.
You can also check out the other events in our Government Summer Series here: