Reading time: About 2 minutes
A recent survey, commissioned by GDPR Conference Europe, has revealed that 62% of UK organisations surveyed have no plans in place to prepare for GDPR. Is your organisation one of them? The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation comes into force in May 2018. That gives you 6 months to prepare.
When it comes to preparing for GDPR, the survey revealed a surprising number of organisations are still not ready. GDPR will affect all organisations that collect data on EU citizens, meaning that it’s likely yours will need to be compliant.
With GDPR set to replace the current UK Data Protection Act on 25th May 2018, if you haven’t started preparations already, it’s time to think about it. Organisations that fall short of the GDPR standards risk non-compliance and face the potential massive fines that come with this.
Check out how organisations responded to the survey
- One third of organisations have little knowledge of GDPR, or what they need to do to get ready
- 93% believe GDPR will be applicable to their organisation
- 63% of organisations collect and process personal data on European citizens
To fully achieve compliance when GDPR comes in to force, organisations must need to be able to provide evidence that they have trained their employees on the principles of personal data processing under the GDPR. With individual employees now at risk of non-compliance as well as the organisation, it’s in everyone’s best interest to understand the Regulation fully before it goes live. Despite this, just over 30% of organisations are currently updating their data protection policy. A further 30% are unaware of a data protection policy within their organisation.
Automated Intelligence can help you prepare:
If you think your organisation is one of the six in ten that still needs to prepare, don’t start worrying just yet. There is still time to begin preparing for the launch of GDPR. While the workload involved with GDPR compliance seems significant, Automated Intelligence can lighten the load before May 2018 comes around. We can help you:
- Conduct a GDPR readiness assessment
- Implement Governance Plans
- Create a GDPR Template Pack ensuring compliance consistency
- Gain GDPR data insights and case management process mappings
- With a GDPR ready solution: GDPR Powered by AI.DATALIFT, which is designed to take the complication out of compliance.